With the support of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, the LOTTO-Stiftung Berlin and GEW Hamburg, Centropa is organizing an autumn academy for 30 Israeli and German teachers and multipliers from the education sector from September 24-28 2021 for an extensive seminar program in Berlin and Hamburg
In both cities:
- The city can be used as a digital classroom for conveying European-Jewish history in the 20th century, for Holocaust education and for cultural remembrance project work
- Israeli and German participants are brought together to: share experiences, to work in small bilateral groups on educational projects and to network for sustainable project work, to identify possible exchange projects and participate in bilateral teaching units / projects based on Centropa educational materials and to discuss the culture of remembrance in Germany and Israel and for networking on sustainable bilateral educational projects and student exchange programs.
The goal of the project Building bridges between Israel and Germany is:
- To reduce fear of contact, shame, skepticism, and ignorance between German and Israeli educators and thus create the basis for an open, courageous and sustainable exchange
- To promote the exchange of experiences on topics such as culture of remembrance, Holocaust education and tolerance education
- to enable the creation of modern, educational, youth-friendly project ideas based on Centropa materials for use in school and extracurricular educational contexts